For the purpose of EYEE (Ethics and Young Entrepreneurs in Europe) project, co financed by Erasmus+ program, we have established the ideal profile of the European Ethical Young Entrepreneur, thanks to a 6 questions interview conducted among focus groups:
52 persons of 7 different nationalities (French, Austrian, Romanian, Polish, English, German and Italian) have been consulted. This panel is set off startuppers, of experienced entrepreneurs, teachers and students interested in the topic, professional involved in entrepreneurship training and local representative in charge of economical life.
A young European entrepreneur has strong ethical aims, is motivated, hardworking and don’t give up easily.
- has ideas, is creative, fond of on innovation. She/He has a good sense of responsibility, knows how to evaluate the risks, take them and grasps the opportunities.
- knows how to work both, in team or alone, to be surrounded by people she/he can trust, and has a good network.
- frequently communicates with her/his team and her/his teamwork not only in her/his mother tongue but also in English. She/He feels comfortable when expressing herself/himself,
- knows how to present herself/himself,and her/his project with confidence.
- is good at managing her/his team, has good digital, financial and administrative skills. She/He is problems solving. She/He knows how to make a business plan, has Mathematics, Sciences and technology skills.
Thanks to her/his ethical sensitivity, she/he cares about Humans beings and well-being, at work notably. Protecting the environment is an important issue for her/him.
Finally, she/he has a European culture: even though she/he sometimes feels restricted by the European laws and regulations, more constraining than in other continents, she/he is aware that those laws and regulations guarantee to workers and consumers safety of the manufactured products and quality of the services provided by ethical companies.